How much RV insurance do I need?

For full-time RVers, insurance is a vital part of protecting their mobile lifestyle. But how much RV insurance do you really need in Central Valley, CA? Manteca Insurance & Financial Services finds that the answer depends on several factors, such as the type of RV, how much you travel, and if you have significant personal assets that need protection.

RV Coverage: What You Need To Know

The type of RV you own will play a big role in how much insurance you need. In most cases, a class A diesel motorhome will require more coverage than a travel trailer, for example. Other factors that will affect your insurance needs include where you live (full-timers who travel frequently may want more coverage than those who stay stationary), what you use your RV for (recreational use vs. business use), and your personal assets (those with more to lose may want more coverage).

At the minimum, we recommend getting enough insurance coverage to protect any assets you have beyond your RV. If you are found responsible for an accident, you will be responsible for any financial requirements beyond what your insurance covers. So, if someone successfully sues you for $400,000 and your insurance only covers $100,000, then the remaining $300,000 will be your responsibility. The court may require you to sell assets like your house or investments to pay the remaining balance.

Contact Us Today

There’s no one-size-fits-all answer to the question of how much RV insurance you need in Central Valley, CA. It depends on various factors, including the type of RV you own, how often you travel, and what you use your RV for. Call Manteca Insurance & Financial Services today, and we can help you get the right coverage for your needs.